• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Chinese Online Courses collects the following data if and where necessary:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number)
• Age (necessary for some courses) and relevant background to assess your learning needs.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Chinese Online Courses with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
• Enter any of our promotional programmes
Chinese Online Courses may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Referrals from other customers or recommendations
How will we use your data?
Chinese Online Courses collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order, manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
• Effectively manage your learning process with Chinese Online Courses
When Chinese Online Courses processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Chinese Online Courses securely stores your data at our offices.
Chinese Online Courses will keep your personal details and customer history for 5 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data and destroy any physical records.
Chinese Online Courses would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Chinese Online Courses from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Chinese Online Courses Group.
What are your data protection rights?
Chinese Online Courses would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request Chinese Online Courses for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Chinese Online Courses correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Chinese Online Courses to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Chinese Online Courses erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Chinese Online Courses restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Chinese Online Courses’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Chinese Online Courses transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the email as shown on our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
• Keeping you signed in, where applicable
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality - Chinese Online Courses uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising - Chinese Online Courses uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed,
the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Chinese Online Courses has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.